Sunday, January 14, 2007

Tagged

I've been tagged! The Virtual Cocktail Party caught up with me this past week -- twice! Both Kevin Ragsdale and Rick Borup tagged me within 48 hours of each other; now I'll keep part of the bargain: I'll do this entry but I'm not going to tag anyone else.

So, here are five things you might not know about me:
1. I have many hobbies outside of the technical arena, including collecting fossils. I was a long-time stamp collector and am an avid garage sale-er. That alone could be it's own blog!
2. I had years of piano training when I was a kid, but my real musical loves are playing the bass (mostly local parties) and listening to old blues and R&B records (I have hundreds of vintage 78's and 45's). I was a big Dr. Demento (Barry Hansen) fan, who happened to also be one of the world's premier blues collectors.
3. My father was a career Naval aviator (anti-submarine warfare), so we moved around quite a bit and was a great, really defining, experience for me. I went to 14 different schools before college (Georgia Tech), which was also the first place inland I ever lived!
4. I'm a "full-bleed" Cajun.
5. I've played a lot of sports over the years; eight or nine years of Little League, lettered in Tennis in high school, won several racquetball tournaments, played in basketball and softball leagues and did pretty well running 10K races for a time. I've done many long-distance hikes, too, in Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina, New Mexico, Alabama and South Carolina. I'm in the process of getting "back in shape" so I can show my two little girls some of the wonders of nature.

The good thing about this is that it's going to get me back to blogging (like I should). So, thanks guys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home